In case anyone cares, GHQ gets 10 points out of 10 points for dimensional accuracy on this model.
I measured the model and compared it to the dimensions of a full scale model and the accuracy is as close to perfect as you could expect.
________Full Scale__Should be in 285th____GHQs Model____Differnece
The length is off by 9 thousands of an inch (thickness of three pieces of paper) and that’s without that little extension on the nose, if you add that extension it’s over slightly over in length …. but I do not think the full scale dimensions take into account that extension. So if you average the with extension and without extension dimensions, it’s pretty much perfect.
The width is a little hard to compare because I think when they give full scale width dimensions it’s form the outside of the tracks … not any extra armor added. So that’s the way I measured the model,,, so it came out 16 thousandths under … but as above, if you add the extra armor outside the tracks it comes out a little over but not an amount that anyone would notice. Again averaging the with extra armor and without extra armor dimensions, it’s damn near perfect.
Height came out 1/2 of 1 thousandth of an inch short (or 4.7 tenthousandths of an inch),,, you don’t get much closer than that.
These are all very tiny differences and I would call the model VERY SCALE. Well done GHQ.
I do not have any other gamers around so sometimes I just like to get out some miniatures and combine my love for Micro Armor with my love for photography and just have a little photo shoot. Here’s today’s effort.
I’ve gotten spoiled by modern US armor being one color lately. A three color scheme like this a lot of work (about 6 hours last night) …. but the result is worth it.
In this photo I have just finished putting on the three colors and now I’m ready to paint the tracks and do some weathering and a wash.
Getting the colors mixed just right was a challenge. The green was not too bad, it’s 75% Olive Drab and 25% Dark Green. The tan color was a problem. The documentation I found says the tan is FS30219. Testors Model Master Acryl makes an FS30219 but after spraying all the units with that color I found it to WAY too brown/red for my liking. So added tan and sand until I got a color that more closely matched what I was seeing in photos of actual Australian vehicles. I’m pretty happy with the colors that I came up with.
I made this using a GHQ M1083 FMTV chassis (GHQ #N129) with the bed from a HEMTT (Ghq #N95) and then mounted a .50 cal on the roof and two M249 SAWs in the bed along with an 81mm mortar for a little extra boom. Scraps of sheet metal were added around the rear of the bed to protect the mortar crew.