I just took delivery of a new gaming mat. I had this design printed on vinyl about a month or so ago but this time I went for fleece. I’m really liking this version a lot better.
Measures approximately 60″ x 80″ and since it’s made of fleece, you can put bits of terrain underneath it to create small hills and bumps. Also because it’s made of fleece it’s really easy to fold it up and put it away or transported to a convention.
I’m working on a game scenario where the president of Malakastan crash lands at the airport, and while he survives the crash, rebel forces from the neighboring Krapistan attempt to capture the president. The crashed airplane will be on the runway in the middle of the board and the Krapistanis will enter from one side of the board and the Makastanis will enter from the other side. Both sides will be attempting to capture the president alive.
You can check out this new game mat on the GCmini website by clicking here http://gcmini.mybigcommerce.com/game-mat-airport/
This small workbench that is to the left my main workbench has been on my to do list for quite some time. About an hour ago you could not see the top surface of this workbench, now you can. It’s far from perfect, but it’s a lot better than it was an hour ago.
Finally got around to finishing the GHQ Tigers. It’s kinda too bad I don’t play WWII, I’m pretty happy with how these came out.
Camouflage was airbrushed using the amazing Badger Sotar 20/20 airbrush.
Done with the M60A3. I’m not happy with the Vallejo “Matte Varnish”, it still looks a little shiny to me. I’ve got some AK Ultra Matte Varnish on order,, when it gets here I’ll give it a try and see if it’s better.
After all the silly things like paint racks and tool drawers have been added, it’s time to concentrate on the important things. Tonight I added a TV in the corner and an AppleTV so I can watch inspirational movies while I work … or Fawlty Towers.
If you have not been following the ultimate workbench redesign, check out the videos over at the In The Game Room Podcast HERE
Second color applied tonight. At this rate these 5 tanks are going to take me a week to finish 🙂
The Sotar 20/20 airbrush performed amazingly well on the green camo ,,, tomorrow the brown goes on.
The therapeutic power of a hobby is amazing. I have been so busy with work for the last few months I have not touched any Micro Armor in as long. Just taking a few minutes tonight to throw a little paint (first of three colors) on a few minis made me feel good and remember why I do this. Next step (probably tomorrow) is to apply the camouflage colors, this is will be a good job for my new Sotar 20/20 airbrush.
I’m getting ready to overhaul my workbench where I work on my Micro Armor.
One really fast bugger and one with a whirly bit on top. I just got one of each for me and few more each for the store, I’ll see if I like them and then most likely get some more for me.